Monday, April 8, 2013

Music Monday


This Monday I am loving me some "Love Letter" by Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes.

Let me just start by saying I am super excited about this band from the land down under! Definitely a new favorite for me! Ms. Browne's voice fills a void in me previously only reserved for the likes of the late Amy Winehouse. I am sure by now you have grown tired of hearing me go on and on about my love for 60's Soul/R&B and specifically female vocalists of that era or that resemble such, so without further ado I give you the incredibly talented ensemble that is Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes:




Btw, if the song sounds familiar, it may be due to a Heineken commercial that recently featured the band and the song. This is actually where the hubby first heard/saw them, but didn't even realize they were an actual band.


Oh
, and if you're really digging their sound and are wondering when and where you can catch them live, be prepared to get beyond excited because they are actually on tour right now in the U.S.!  Their official website www.clairybrowne.com has the rest of their tour dates.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
-Lesli

My pick for this week is a band I've been digging for some time now.
Unfortunately, there isn't a video for my favorite song, so we'll just make do with audio.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Fleet Foxes!



Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment