Monday, January 7, 2013

Music Monday

The What's Bippin team decided to take a holiday along with everyone else last Monday, on New Year's Eve, and unfortunately had to cancel that days Music Monday. But we are happy to announce that we are back in action! New year, new goals and very excited for our future endeavors!


Lesli:

This will be the first Music Monday of 2013! I decided to take a more inspirational route with my pick and go with Ellie Goulding's "Anything Could Happen". The English songstress made quite the splash here in the states, with her more popular hit "Lights". I felt as though when it first came out it was literally playing everywhere! I enjoy Ms. Goulding's music very much but have recently found myself really into "Anything Could Happen". A handful of people (fortunately for me, unfortunately for them) who have been in a vehicle with me while that song is playing have heard and seen the ridiculous spectacle I make while it's on. While it is embarrassing, I really can't help myselfIt'so catchy and upbeat! I also feel it appropriately describes my outlook towards 2013... anything could happen!


Michelle:
Today I decided to pick something a little different from the norm, mainly because it’s in a foreign language. I chose Mallu Magalhães’ song Velha e Louca (meaning ‘Old and Crazy).
Mallu is an artist I’ve been crazy about for quite a while because she has a very different sound from a lot of the other Brazilian artists out there whom usually choose to stick with the traditional Samba/Bossa Nova sound. While she does have a Samba song or two, her main influences are Classic Rock and Folk as well as The Beatles, Belle & Sebastian, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, and other similar musical styles.

Mallu also sings and composes in English and French, so if you don’t understand Portuguese, you should definitely check out some of her other songs!





Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment