Monday, January 21, 2013

Music Monday

This Monday I'm super excited to share with you all one of my most  treasured discoveries; Widowspeak.

I  found out about this band last  year and fell in love with them the instant I heard their cover of Chris Isaac's 'Wicked Game'. The band has a page on Bandcamp.com on which I had downloaded their first album that is self-titled. I liked it a lot, which is why I'm SUPER excited to have had a listen of their new album 'Almanac'.
It's due to come out tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on it! If you're not familiar with them I'd definitely recommend you hear 'Harsh Realm' (my favorite song). You can also preview 'Almanac' in entirety on NPR's First Listen (CLICK HERE to do so).

Hope you all enjoy your Monday!
Michelle


When most people hear the name Amy Winehouse they automatically associate it with drugs, alcohol and a tragic death. Most people totally ignore the fact that she was a very talented individual. Of course she was troubled, but sometimes I feel that's part of what makes these type of artists work so good. It's deeper, more meaningful and more soulful. A former manager of mine once said of  her, "she has more soul in her pinky finger than Alicia Keys has in her entire body" and I happen to agree. I was a fan of Ms. Winehouse's long before her passing and continue to be, which is why my pick for today's Music Monday is "Valerie". Enjoy!



Love to all,
Lesli

No comments:

Post a Comment