Monday, March 25, 2013

Music Monday

Today I am incredibly excited to share with you all my pick. 
Mainly because it's from a band that both Lesli and I adore, and have had the privilege of seeing.
 That being said, today's pick is Austra's brand new single Home.


If you've never heard of this band, please do yourself a favor and listen to some of their other songs. They're amazing. Lesli and I discovered this band, each on our own, and were SO excited when we found out we both liked them. We agree that their dark Synth-Pop paired with Katie Stelmanis classically trained voice is the most stunning combination. And not to mention that hearing her sing live is simply breathtaking! That's why we are eagerly awaiting their new album, but until then, we'll make due with the singles! :D

I hope you all have a swell Monday!
-Michelle


So, I know the Black Keys are currently all the rave and not that it matters and I know this is going to be such a hipster thing to say, but I really did like them before they were trendy. Ever since the release of Brothers I've been obsessing over their cover of Jerry Butler's "Never Give You Up". Covers are really one of those hit or miss kind of things for me, and I know not everyone feels the same, but I happen to think they nailed it. So my pick for this Monday is "Never Give You Up" as performed by the Black Keys. Enjoy!


Happy Monday!
-Lesli


No comments:

Post a Comment