Friday, December 7, 2012

L.A. Road Trip

Our latest adventure brings us to the City of Angels.
"Why have we traveled so far?" You may ask.
The reason is Cirque Du Soleil's show Iris, currently at the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Boulevard.


Michelle had already seen the show, but didn't mind going again, and I had been wanting to see it for some time now. So, we packed up the fam and set out.



It had been overcast pretty much all day and the clouds threatened rain. "Oh no, rain and Los Angeles traffic?!" Not to worry, Michelle and I gots this! We decided to cat nap for most of the 2 hour ride. Being Los Angeles road trip veterans, we have pretty much seen everything there is to see along the way: Camp Pendleton, Power Plant (a.k.a. the boobs), Disneyland, Downtown L.A. etc.


We arrive with some time to kill before the show. Since the show was at the Dolby Theater on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams we decided to walk down to Grauman's Chinese Theater and check out the characters, walk of fame stars and such. For as many times as I have been here, being obsessed with old Hollywood, I still get giddy to see the stars, hand and foot prints of the actors I have grown to love so much!

Hollywood High


Marilyn Monroe and  Jane Russell


After having spent some time wandering about, we decided to grab a bite before the show. With lots of yummy options, we settled on Johnny Rockets. Can't go wrong with chocolate malts and burgers, right? American staples.


Finally, show time! *insert jazz hands here* The Dolby Theater is spectacular. It exceeded my expectations by far! As tempted as we all were to take out our cameras and snap away, there were signs stating it was not allowed and believe me, they weren't kidding. A lady next to us was almost tackled by security and ushers for trying.


The show delivered, as most Cirque shows do. The theme was Hollywood in a very fun, glamorous and accurate portrayal. As always though, I feel I am much more entertained by the clowns than anything else. Sad, but true. The French female mime was adorable. We managed to congratulate and take a photo with her after the show. She was such a good sport!

Michelle and I with Ekaterina Pirogovskaya

After leaving the Dolby Theater we emerged back on to Hollywood blvd to light rain. No one having an umbrella, this is how we improvised:


Now, back to San Diego! Michelle and I tucked ourselves away in the back of the car, shoes off, feet crossed, sharing ear phones and iPhone, blasting Lana Del Rey and singing along. Until Michelle got thirsty (from all the awesome singing) and I got hungry. 


We stopped at Carls Jr/Green Burrito and these are the shenanigans that took place. 


Main reason why we should never be allowed in public together, especially at late hours of the night.

A special thanks to the cashier for putting up with our obnoxiousness. I guess she didn't really have much choice. This was also when Michelle revealed her true stingy feelings. I suggested we share her enormous fountain drink and she refused and said it was due to me being a "soda vacuum"! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, a SODA VACUUM! How dare she! In a public fast food restaurant, at 11 pm and in front of all 0 customers! After which, I appropriately stuck my head under the fountain drink machine and proceeded to drink directly from it to show her what a real soda vacuum looked like. No, not really, just did it for pretend-sies.

What can I say, always a guaranteed crazy time when were together. Plenty more adventures to come folks, so stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment